Monday, March 23, 2009

12

there's so much to say. so much. i wish i knew where to start. i feel like a little kid, walking down the street alone for the first time, a wanderboy. i am different from everyone but no longer a stranger. everyone says hello to me. i teach english. i talk to people that are so poor they dont have shoes. i see joy in the face of a 2 year old boy, and know that everything will be ok. i have dinner where i always do, and take my own turn teaching Fernando how to read, and confide my secrets to his two year old brother. and there's a girl. she came over twice today, unannounced. she sat in my hammock. and her friend wore my cowboy hat.
and the days go by so fast.








some days are still really hard. and i dont know why. im kind of hard on myself. i came here wanting a change. im getting something else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are pretty amazing, WTF. Try not to be so hard on yourself, will you? Try to be as nice to your own self as you are to me, even when I am being kind of nuts.

I love your pictures, and love getting to know how your days are. And I love you, brave and interesting and hammock-gifting brother! I am glad that today seems like it was a good day, not a hard day.

Nell