Thursday, January 22, 2009

big dicks and hearing aids.

last night, i wrote about a good friend of mine, this mostly deaf/mute kid that i consider a good friend.
amazingly, i am anticipating his arrival tonight or tomorrow, so that he may hear what my voice sounds like.
i was in the mayor's office today, talking to a friend of mine, when she told me that the little boy was being given a small operation to implant hearing devices- an expensive procedure- to help his hearing. how cool is that?

what else??

i just had dinner with a few friends. we ate pupusas, drank a little rum, and talked shop. one friend with me there is a lawyer, and the other a good shit-talker, like myself, so the conversation was good. we talked politics, gossiped, and joked around. the joker and i have a running, inside joke. i don’t know how it developed, but he likes to call me "big dick." yes, i know, ridiculous. it makes my day every time i see him. he extends his right arm in greeting, and i return the gesture, a greeting within the brotherhood of bigdicks.

tonight, as i walked away, satisfied from the good company and food, i looked back before stepping into my house. i could barely see my friends down the road, but i could see the joker, and his extended right arm. i returned the signal, and could hear the good-hearted laughter, even from two blocks away.

1 comment:

jimmy said...

people should keep their phones charged up...