Tuesday, January 6, 2009

picture that moment when dorothy opens the door to Oz, and life is in color for the first time.
It's not that this is Oz, or that i feel like my life is really beginning or any of that shit, it's just that life itself here is so vibrant that to live in it is to live it.
i went to a burial today. a good friend of mine, his sister died. she was very sick. as he stood by me today, i told him that he should honor his sister by continuing to live himself. asi es la vida he told me.
today, i met with a coworker in the mayor's office, and we talked more about managing our newly formed civic environmental group. she was bummed becuase people do not seem interested. i told her i was in, 100 percent, and we prepared a plan of action to present to the mayor. i have great faith in this woman, and she is excited to have my help. i am encouraged by this type of work. this is the type of thing i want to be involved in- helping people help themselves, even one at a time. im glad to have something to invest myself it in this, the beginning of the year.

it's after 8 pm here, and im sitting with my shirt off at the computer; my door is wide open. what a night.

paz y amor,
Mi.

2 comments:

jimmy said...

Asi es la vida.
Proud of you, world traveler.

Ben's Parents said...

That's the Billy I know. You've always been a great shoulder to cry on and meaningful listener. Thanks for sharing your talents with everyone.